Consider the benefits of harvesting rain water for your garden:
- Rainwater is free
- Rainwater is a clean, chemical-free source of water for plants
- Rainwater seeps into the soil, pushing salts from tap water down and away from the plant’s root zone
- Rainwater allows for better root growth and water absorption, increasing the drought tolerance of plants
- Rainwater harvesting reduces off-site flooding and erosion by holding rainwater on the site
- Harvesting rainwater reduces dependence on ground water and the amount of money spent on water
All we now need is lots of rain . . . .